DescriptionA constant theme with table builders and retro-fitters is that they need a good Z axis. We have always referred them to other sources in keeping our focus on the Electronics and Controls aspect of the market. In building our own tables over years, we are all too aware of the shortcomings of most of the Z axis units. With the acquisition of a Haas VMC we decided to design our own Z with the features WE wanted: We wanted it to:
- Be strong and rigid with precision slides and bearings. No wobbly cuts at any speed.
- Have features that make it perfect for all types of cutting and tools (plasma, router, plate marker).
- Have fast, smooth and accurate operation.
- Offer a Floating Torch Holder with counterbalance.
- Offer a built-in Ohmic Sensor, backup mechanical Z, and Z overrun limit sensors.
- Have sufficient stroke for most gantry types.
- Have optional Break-Away torch plate with sensors for E-stop.
- Be easy to hook up to any Bladerunner/Core/Plazpak system. Single cable connection.
- Work with existing 23 frame 620 oz-in high torque steppers.