PlazPak G5XL – Heavy Duty Controller. Base System: For PLASMA and Router
- Base systems all include:
- DTHC High Speed Digital Torch Height Control
- Two each Dual High current 6A Gecko Microstepping Driver Modules (4 drivers).
- Up-sized 800W 65V DC “Smart” power supply
- New Direct Ethernet internal Logic (EBOB) with 16 isolated inputs and up to 6 Aux output drivers.
- Includes 4 port RS485 Communications Module. Plug in devices like : DTHC5, PN200, ISS-05 Smart Panel etc
- Ships with NEW pre-configured Mini PC running LINUX and CommandCNC. 2year warranty
- Built in support for Router, oxy-fuel, plate marker. Options for rotary Pipe cutting
- Included POST for Vetric Vcarve Pro and Aspire.
- Configure it any way you want with motor combo options (below)
- Larger Enclosure NEMA isolated case.
- Expandable up to 6 driver/motor configurations
- NEW! Direct display of ESPII Power Specs (voltage, current , temp) in the control Program Diagnostic Panel
- Adjustable current settings on drivers to use with most stepper motors.
- 2 (extendable to 4) year warranty on everything you buy in the package
|Dimensions||22 × 22 × 18 in|
SuperZ Option FeaturesBuilding your own custom table? Retrofitting an older table? You probably need a full Z axis as part of the build. Consider the SuperZII 2nd generation heavy duty Z axis from CandCNC.
NOTE: All Options are discounted with a controller purchase so its cheaper to buy them with the original purchase than later as accessories. For Motors its advised to start with a base ssytem with motors rather than unit without motors
If you know what you want just select the Option or Options from the Product list . If you need more detail you can find it here and with the links
Additional Axis/Motors. The G5 and G5 XL are capable of driving and controlling up to 6 motors at the same time. Typically most gantry type tables have 4 motors (3 axis) that include the gantry Dual Drive (usually the Y and Y slave ) one on each end of the gantry, an X cross motor to move the carriage back and forth and and a Z motor to move Z up and down. You can add a 5th or 6th motor to do other operations. Most common is to have the 5th axis setup as a rotary axis and to be able to do round pipe cutting and cut square and rectangular tubing. Another motor might be used to move a separate tool on the Z (like an engraver or drill head) . Note code to use added motors may need to be purchased separately . Motor specs are here
- a single 980 34 frame (large) motor . The G5XL can handle up to 4 large 980 motors . On a normal install the Z motor is the smaller 23 frame (620) so a rotary can be a larger 980
- a single 620 23 frame (smaller ) motor. The G5XL can handle up to 2 MORE 23 fame motors in addition to having 4 34 frame large motors . it can be used for the 5th or 6th axi
- Any combination of the above. Only rule is only 4 large motors per controller .
Be sure you order the correct cable length with any added motors. The motor connecors are soldered on and splicng wires is dangerous and can void your warranty on the drivers . Imporper moor wiring can kill a moor driver!
Longer Motor and Super Z II cables:
The default for cable lengths on Motors , FT-02 Ohmic Sensor, Super Z II is 15ft (~5 meters) . That is sufficient for a 4 X4 or 5X 5 gantry type cutting table with dual gantry motors. Here is how e figure the cable lengths : Take the width of the table times 2 then add the length of the table plus 5 ft for loops and slack. So a 4 X 8 needs (4X2) + 8 +5 (21ft) 20 ft is fine. This assumes the control enclosure is mounted at the table and not on a separate cart or long extension arm. If that is the case add that length to the total. The motors are are built with the same length cables For the Z motor and the SuperZ II cable he same length is needed since it can travel to the furthest location . The Controller ESPIIA/B can be up to 25 ft from the PC and the $ port hub so it can be mounted at the table and the control console be an added 25ft away or even in a separate room. All motion is noise resistant Ethernet and industrial low noise RS485
The SUPER ZII High speed , Heavy duty Z axis . If you are building a new table or retrofitting an older table, a good high performance Z axis is essential. From feaures like the Floating Torch Holder and Breakaway option you can count of the SuperZII to do the job. Wheater its as a plasma cutter or as a rigid precision mount for a router (optional rings ) or even a larger Spindle Motor . If you want more detail about the Super ZII its on a separate tab.
Extended Warranty. If you use your table a lot it makes sense to have an extended warranty . It covers the whole power train (including motors and cables) . it covers all parts and factory labor to replce them (provided unit is returned under a valid RMA number) . Subject to the same limitiions of the original 2 year warranty you are covered . It also extendeds your direct phone support contract for the same period. Please see warranty policy on this website.
Other Modules/devices. In Fall 2020 there will be an option added tot he list to add a “Smart” Spindle Speed Control. Its for controlling a commercial type SPINDLE using a VFD (not included) it has the normal isolated ON/OFF and Frw/Rev controls and an isolated 0-10VDC analog speed output used by most VFD’s In adddtionit was a serial port that can talk to the newer VFD modes and do the settings via serial and get VFD feedback. it simply plugs to the same 4 port hub used by the other Smart devices (DTHC5/ESPII readouts/PN200 Hand Controller, etc) . It’s setup using the Hub Uitlity and its availalbe to use from the Router Screen control panel of via Gcode for speeds.
The important of quality software that is stable and has the feaures and options you need is evident but the User Interface (UI) also importent. CommanCNC is a full featured UI using a “Panes” concept the lets you display different information in a pane without changing other ones. Instead of stuffing everything on one panel you can click and change the information pane by pane and still see the main control area and buttons. Want to see the Diagnostics pane while you are running ? Pop up the new Power Statistics and monitor the health of your power section including volts, amps and temperature . While testing you want to do a manual touch off type in a direct (MDI) command? Do that int he MANUAL tab . The UI is smart too! If you define oputs they magically appear on the screen as action buttons. Need 5 or 6 axis? if you define them the UI adds the DRO and Control buttons for them. Switch from Plasma to Router config and the screen changes . Even the toolpath display changes.
Buttons are interactive and change color and brightness based on the state of that function. The high contrast light on dark can be changed to dark on light. Everything is at your fingertips but out of your way .
Do you need to find a section of Code ? Just click on the segment on the tool path screen and the Code display jumps to the line. it also works the other way around to find out where you are in the cut.